Pages

Thursday, 3 October 2013

christmas cake



 
 
Evening eveybody! It's a windy one here but I'm tucked up all cosy in my jammies!
This card I am a bit unsure about! I'm not sure it's christmasy enough. I initially thought the paper was christmasy because of the candy canes but as I started to do something I had to add the ribbon to make it more festive. I hope it has worked. It is based on a sketch #2 at christmas stampin all year long.
 
I have used an old Dovercraft stamp set of cupcakes which I stamped onto the matching paper and also onto some mirri card, and then fussy cut. It has various toppings and bottoms in it whcih is good. The cadle is from another freebie set from a magazine and the canes are from a MME christmas set. the sweet is from a freebie set from a magazine from ages ago. I got the snowman ribbon ages ago.
I added a red strip with a yellow piece underneath. I have used a X cut border punch on this.
 
I have also stamped the inside.
 
have a great evening everyone! I am looking forward to getting lots of crafting done this weekend as my little man is off the grandmas for the weekend!!
 
I am entering this in the following :
 
my current favourite technique is stamping and then fussy cutting it out
 
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Yummy card - Thanks for sharing your lovely Christmas card for CCAYR 'getting ready for Christmas' challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design team - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cute! Love the cupcake liner stamped on the matching paper and that candy cane/candy combo is the perfect embellishment. Thanks for choosing my sketch and playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very yummy!
    Thans for joining us at Chritmas Card Challenges this week!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for adding for my CHNC challenge extra for October - please put a link within your blogpost - thanks - look forward to seeing more of your crafting soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks to play with us at CSAYL this week Irene with your cute and so nice card, délicious and sweet, hope to see you soon, biz

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! What a great card! Thank you for joining Christmas Card Challenges! Karen N, CCC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Christmas card love the miiricard topping, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute card! Love the beautiful papers and design! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments!
    Jackie W
    SchoolinandScrappin
    Crafty Sentiments
    Crafty Sentiments Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, thank you for sharing it with the Crafty Sentiments Challenge this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete