Pages

Sunday, 13 October 2013

black christmas tree

Hi everyone!
It's been horrible wet weather here for 48 hours but it's finally stopped and the sun has been out!
I madea quick card this morning based on a sketch by Jen at sketch saturday. Here it is:

The tree die is a magazine freebie and the papers are DCWV. Stamp is magazine freebie and the stars are a memorry box die. I was inspired also by stars and stripes at holly jolly christmas.

I liked the colours so much that I decided to do 2! This is the 2nd which is almost identical except I decided to add a bit more!

This is the inside of both.
 
Hope you like it , and thank you for may comments you may make.
 
I am entering this in the following:

11 comments:

  1. Love that tree die, how great for a freebie! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That scrolly tree is gorgeous! Great cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - I would never have guessed how beautiful a black tree would be! I love the blue stars too. Fabulous non-traditional Christmas card. thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did with the sketch and love the little tree. A wonderful Christmas card and perfect for our challenge at Holly Jolly this week. Thanks for sharing with us and we hope to see you again soon. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the pretty Christmas tree - the monochromatic colours are fab! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the white and black is certainly a stand out and the lovely stars on the tree. Think I prefer the second card. I too have that tree die but yet to use it.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the contrast in the light and dark papers--this is so pretty! Thanks for joining in our NO RED OR GREEN challenge at 52CCT! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are really classy cards Irene, that tree is fab! I love the colours you chose, such a wonderful contrast! Thanks so much for playing along with us at 52 {C}CT! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your both of your Christmas cards with those non-traditional colours. All the elements go perfectly together. Thanks for joining in at 52 CCT this week

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that die cut tree and the black and white colour scheme is really stunning. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday this week, Niki xx

    ReplyDelete