Pages

Tuesday, 18 June 2013

spots and stripes

Hi everyone!
another christmas card to keep my momento going!
it's been wonderful weather and we're looking forwward to going to Lincolnshire show this week.
I have ahd some excitement on my blog this week-I had my first ever mention!!! It was on 52 cgristmas card throwdown. I hope it becomes the first of many!
I was also lucky enough to get some freebie stamps from claires crafty corner-so a massive thank you to claire!!
This card was based on lots of challenges! and started off as spots and stripes and gathered steam from there.
I decided to make a bauble shape with acetate instead of just doing a plain circle. It was based on the sketch at merry monday
The papers are from Kanban and are more like card. I used craft card for the bauble background and cut 2 smaller bauble shaped pictures from  a sheet of vintage pictures I had in my stash. I attached a piece of rope to the one babuble and tied a bow. the sentiment is the only decent one I have!! It's from a freebie kit from Marianne designs.
have a great evening!


I would like to enter it in the following challenges:
 
 
 
 

15 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 129 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for June - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous spots and stripes and a great creation, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Christmas card, Irene! Love the paper! Great job with this week's sketch! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! LOVE the gorgeous vintage image and fabulous holiday feel! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the vintage look of your card, Irene! Thank you for joining Winter Wonderland this week.
    Hugs, Miria x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful, vintage creation! Love the inset circle. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card, I love the vintage look and great papers you used. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors and the papers you have used on your card. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the outline of the card base...very unique! Nice card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely vintage creation...cool way to highlight your image and the papers are wonderful! Thanks for playing with the Merry Monday challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely Christmas card Irene, it has such a warm and vintage feel! Thanks so much for sharing your fab card with us at 52 {C}CT, please come back soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your mention, Irene! I'm sure there will be many, many more! Love your bauble with the dots! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am a DSP fanatic and I love this ornament paper that you've used. A really nostalgic feel and a very lovely card you've created. Thanks for sharing with us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your design- a vintage feel and yet still quite contemporary with those spots/ornaments. Great idea to use acetate. Thanks for playing along with us at 52 CCT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fun card! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete