Pages

Sunday, 9 June 2013

flaunt what you've got

 
hi all!!
It's been such a busy weekend! We took our little man to Uncle Henrys in Lincolnshire for open farm sunday! It was good if a little chilly. Enjoyed the tractor rides, the combine and the balloon which he proceeded to squash and then cried when it went 'bang'! He talked to granny on Skype and told her all about the combine!and then came home for a nap and threw up all over the sofa after!So we are now the house of ill!
 
Anyway onto the card as I'm ahving an early night!
I based this one on the fab sketch at cas(e) this sketch. I really loved the opportunity to use this lovely feather stamp I bought a while back from Hot Of The Press.

I started with a piece of stripey paper whcih I love but it's almost gone now.
I stamped over it using my dew drop ink in canteloupe and an orange colour (I've forgotten the name).
I thought it needed something else so I used my versa mark and embossed some clear embossing powder with gold glitter in. It really made the colour stand out!
Then I stamped a small border along the top of the stripey paper but I didn't like it so much like that so I covered most of it with ribbon from my stash. I actually like how it shows a little above that.

I stamped the 'Flaunt what you've got' sentiment , also from Hot Of The Press, and put it onto a tag made from a Spellbinders die.I threaded the ribbon throughva nd stuck it down.
 
I am enetering this in the following:

2 comments:

  1. That is such a gorgeous feather image! Perfect take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Irene gorgeous card as usual. Hope you had a good time at Eagle. See you soon Jo x. ps will be sending you a request on facebook

    ReplyDelete