Pages

Thursday, 27 June 2013

christmas bears

 
Hi everybody! It's the weekend again!! And I am doing my last blog before a weekend away at my mums! thankfully she crafts too so I will still be able to get my fix!
I am still on christmas-probably will be forever!!
I saw the sketch from sketch n stash and knew I had to use this bear stamp!
I have been practicing my colouring for a few weeks now (you will see several of this stamp!). I like the traditional red and green.
The stamp is from Lili of the Valley and is one I won on a giveaway!!

 
I coloured using pro markers. I then added some Martha stewart glitter stars and some silver glitter glue.
I rounded the corners and matted it onto some green card from Lidl. the ribbons are also Lidl.
The green piece at the top is embossed using a little metal folder from Ellison. i thought it looked a bit snowy like!
The red buttons have been mounted onto some die cuts which came from my spellbinders wrought iron set which can pass off as christmasy.
I mounted another button at the bottom and threaded some twine through and added a tag also from spellbinders.
the stamp is from a farm set of stamps I have.
I liked the clean and simple of putting it onto white card-I think it looks less fussy and makes the stamp the main focus.
Have a great weekend xx
 
for the as you like it challenge they would like to know what 3 embellishments I have used that are my favourites! these are ribbon, die cuts and glitter stars. I love die cuts as embellishments as they make something a little different. The ribbons are good if I can find one that matches! i especailly like that you can wrap the or tie them. I also like these Martha stewart glitter shapes-i have stars and hearts-love the stars!
 
I am entering this in the following challenges:

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic Christmas card I love the cute little image and your take on the sketch looks brilliant x

    Thank you for joining in the fun with us at Sketch N Stash xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. a great card & super cute image :)

    Thanx for joining in with us over at Sketch N Stash…. good luck :)

    hugz Angie xXx

    P.S. Can ya pleez turn off your word verification as it makes it more difficult to leave a message... Ty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the traditional colors on your cute card. Fun embellishments too! Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful and sweet card! thanks so much for joinung us at Sketch N Stash!
    xx, Ally

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waw a really gorgeous card! Thank you for joining us at As You Like It Challenge. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Irene, look at you getting ready for Christmas, I haven't even thought about it yet. I love the image you have used and the traditional Christmas colours. It is a very cute card and I look forward to seeing more. See you soon x

    ReplyDelete