Pages

Friday, 17 May 2013

red and white christmas

 Hi all!! It's christmas time again!!
I have my mum here this weekend and we're going to my craft club tomorrow too!! My little boy has been ill all week and there has been a severe lack of sleep! not sure I know how I survived those first few months feeling like this all the time though!!
I used a white cardstock and embossed some lines down and across it. Then I distressed the whole piece of card with memento red dew drop ink. I stamped the snowflake with the same ink and used a My Minds Eye stamp. i mounted this on red card.

I attached a piece of red ribbon down the side. I stamped the baubles with the same ink and the same stamp set. I glittered one of them and added Anitas 3D gloss to the other two.
The sentiment came from a freebie last christmas and the heart and tree are from my stash of bits I bought a while back.
I stamped the bauble on the inside too.
 
I am entering this in the following challenges:
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Love it! I really like the way you've created the impression of a grid with the embossed lines and distressing. The baubles are lovely. Thanks for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the red and white - beautiful card - love the baubles and that squiggle tree - thanks for sharing this for my CHNC challenge extra for May - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of our colour duo. I love your ornaments with their added sparkly bits.Great background too. Thanks for playing along with us at 52 CCT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely ornaments Irene. Really like how you gradually moved them down the card. Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love all the bulbs hanging :)
    so glad you linked up with CHNC Extra this month
    Rose GD

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just lovely! The background you created is fabulous!!! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Irene well what a lovely card (bit early for me though). Love the way you did the grid, and the red and white is really striking. It was lovely to meet your mum at club hope she enjoyed herself. See you at the showground probably Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. fab xmas card ,love the baubles you have created
    thanks for joining us at CCAYR and good luck
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous Red and White Christmas card using those adorable ornaments. Thanks so much or joining us at CCAYR. Good luck in the challenge. "Hugs" carol

    ReplyDelete