Pages

Tuesday, 21 May 2013

christmas goodies

Hi everyone!
Hope this finds you all well!
I am posting late tonight-we had a really busy weekend-my mum was here from Northern Ireland and we both went to my craft club on saturday. She really loved it and it was lovely she could meet my fellow craft geeks (my partners name for me and us crafters!). Everyone made her feel very welcome and she is now even more into crafting!!
We also went for a lovely walk at Hartsholme country parka nd I have attached a photo of squirrel eating a nut! I got sooo close I could have touched him! Shame he's not a red one but he's still cute.
I am still on the Christmas theme especially as I have a growing pile of other cards and could do with getting rid of some instead of making loads more!

This card is made with a die cut gingerbread amn mounted onto red and green card. I think the die is sizzix
I ahve stamped a sweet from a freebie selection from a magazine from last year onto stripey paper from my stash. I also used the stripey paper as a background behind his heart buttons and to stamp a candy cane.The candy cane stamp is from my My Minds Eye set.
I have scraped the edge of the red to add 'interest' and drew a black border. I stamped in green the sentiment and also the gloves and shoes of the snowman.

I also thought he needed a dickie bow to cheer him up a bit!!
I have added this photo taken in better light-I have also added some Anitas 3D gloss on the sweet wrappers and candy stick.
 
I would like to enter him in the following challenges:
 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Lovely sweet card - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 125 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for May - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely SWEET! LOVE the darling gingerbread man and your other candies are fabulous! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Gingerbread boy card! Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Cards All Year 'Round!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMY!!! :)
    so glad you linked up with CHNC Extra this month
    Rose GD

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great - I do like the sweetie bow tie! Such a fun card! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is full of Christmas sweet treats and perfect for the challenge. Love your gingerbread man's buttons! Thanks for playing along with us at 52 CCT

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those little candies are so cute - I would have never known they were stamped on striped paper. Great job! Thanks for playing at 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the stamping on the gingerbread. Beautiful colors! Thanks for playing at Sparkles Christmas Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card l like your colour choices think its a great colour combination and your card is brilliant so lovely too that you joined our challenge at Sparkles Christmas Challenge good luck and hope to see you again next time DT Member Sandra H xx

    ReplyDelete